Wednesday, January 9, 2008

books

I'm excited. Jamie went out and I got him to drop by the library to pick up some books that were on hold for me.

3 books.
1. The Birth House by Ami McKay
2. The Pact by Jodi Picoult
3. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

I have 6 other books still on hold for me. I'm STILL waiting for A Thousand Splendid Suns. It was all ready and waiting for me at the library but apparently they shipped it back out before I had a chance to get in and pick it up. I'm annoyed because now I have to get back in the queue (that is a really weird word to spell, by the way) to wait for it. I'm #16.

I love a good novel. But my problem is that if I really get into it then that's pretty much ALL I DO until I finish the book. It's a bit consuming sometimes.

On another reading note, I have taken up the challenge to read the Bible in a year. Okay so I'm a bit late starting but I've read Day 1 and will have to double up a few times this month to catch up. I think I need this structure to be able to get into the Word on a regular basis. Otherwise I'm like a fish out of water - flopping around, aimless and gasping for air. Yep. That's me alright.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's great that you've taken up the Bible reading challenge!! I started late last year, and so I am still in my first year of reading.Don't freak out when you miss,just pick up and go again on the right day!! It's amazing how it becomes a vital part of my day now and how God uses it in most unusal ways!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...