Wednesday, October 2, 2013

i heart fall.

It's fall! I love the fall. I missed fall for the last two years and I am determined to soak up every single golden, spiced, pumpkiny, crisp, cozy second of this fall. Because yes. To all the colours.


We went up north to "cottage country" this past weekend for a student retreat. Every year I go and every year I'm so glad I did. I get a little less sleep, but my soul can just breathe when I'm there.
The boys happily frolicked {such a good word!} outside, running around the mini golf course, building castles in the sand and even swimming with their clothes on. At the end of September. In a lake.


Because why not?

I made some delicious Pumpkin Spice syrup for my coffee and have been enjoying the poor man's version of a PSL in the comfort of my own home {for a fraction of the cost!}. Easy, cheap and delicious. Directions here. 


Glory hallelujah.

Yesterday I went to a pumpkin farm nearby with my Mom and brother and his girlfriend. It was lovely. And pumpkiny!



How weird is it that I've been back in Canada for three months now?
I still feel like I haven't really processed the last two years. I still miss friends {both here in Canada and abroad}. I still don't feel like I have a handle on day-to-day life and being a "school Mom". I still don't feel like I quite fit in here.
But that's okay. In the same way that it seems like my house is going to take a really long time to be in a place where I'm happy with it, my heart is also taking a really long time to sort itself out.


And with that...we head into one of the craziest times of the year; weddings, Thanksgiving, birthdays and Christmas. Jesus hold me.

2 comments:

  1. Feeling this fall feeling with you. Amen to Jesus Hold Me. Working through a lot of the crazy right now too. :) Praying for God's peace for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think of you every time i am out taking pictures of the fall colors.
    welcome back to fall, but i'm sure your heart is still missing Africa.
    yay weddings!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...