For the past...maybe month I have been feeling that the timing issue in our lives and regarding a STINT in Tanzania may be off. I felt that and understood the position that our superiors are taking by saying that they want everything to be the best that it can to send in a STINT team. I had been feeling that waiting a year might not be so bad. I began to see a lot of positives. Like more training for me. And more time as a couple together in our own place (after 6 months of "rooming" with the in-laws). Whew. It will be nice to have our own place. The thought just sends shivers down my spine.
But I digress.
Anyway, so on Sunday night on the way home from Kitchener Jamie and I prayed about our future, about Tanzania and all the people thinking of doing STINT there right now. I prayed for clarity and wisdom and direction in what to do with support raising and time on campus and whether or not we were to go to Tanzania in '06.
Yesterday we heard back from HR. They said that it's better if we wait a year. And just like that, God has given us clarity and direction. It may be disappointing, but we KNOW from His promises that He has given us a hope and a plan for a good future. We can rest in that.
Still...it's a bit sad to let go of that dream.