Monday, June 12, 2006

litter

Cat litter that is.
I have a problem.
Here's the situation:
I have a cat. He has a little box. But even though we have one of those mat thingies that's supposed to collect the litter from his paws, the litter is still all over the place! The trail of litter extends to about 1 foot after his mat! It drives me crazy and I don't want to haul out the vacuum every 5 hours to vacuum up the little gray bits that give me the heebie jeebies when I walk on them!
Any suggestions?

On a side note, I have just tried out a new enviro-cat litter. It's brownish (so already that makes me feel like it's more naturey) instead of gray and it weighs a lot less!

Anyway, I need help since I don't have some crappy room in a basement to stick the litter in - just a small apartment and a couple rooms (currently it's in the spare room/office) so I'm trying to make it as inconspicuous as possible.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm.... as far as I can tell, kitty litter spreads for two reasons:

    1) the cat kicks the kitty litter up when he's trying to bury his ... err... poopy. So the goal here is to try to keep the litter from flying up and out. Maybe a covered litter box is the key? You know, the kind that is like a big box with a hole in one side that's big enough for the cat to get in and out? It also looks a little nicer in smaller places, cuz the cat's business is not in plain view. For everybody to see Who knows? the cat might not even feel the need to bury it if no one can see it... :P

    Yeah, I'm bored. This is currently the topic of an MSN conversation with a friend, and he suggests using LESS kitty litter in the box.

    2) the litter gets stuck in the cat's paws and he drags it outside the litter box with him. I don't think this is a HUGE problem that accounts for a lot of the mess, and I don't think there's much you can do about this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have mentionned that I already have the covered litter box(I can't stand the site of the uncovered "business" as you call it so I'm pretty sure the mess is from his paws.
    Grr...what a messy cat.
    *shaking my fist*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could use two mats (space permitting) in a row, with obsticals along one (both?) sides, so as to create a "hallway" the cat has to walk down. We had to do that with our cats' litter box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short hair?! Wow! Crazy! I think I'll join you and cut my hair
    short(er) :)

    And the cat problem? Um..I don't know? Get rid of it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gasp*

    Get rid of the cat?? What?! Cats, although messy when ... doing their business, are the COOLEST pets ever invented!

    Vanessa, please be sure to give Travis a good talking to the next time you see him, seeing that I have NO idea who he is, else I'd do it myself!

    Get rid of the cat... pfffft!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...