Monday, June 20, 2011

therapy*

i go to therapy. 
a few times a week.
but i don't see a counselor.

it's laundry.
i hang my laundry on the line.

and it's like therapy for me. 
it used to frustrate me.
how long it took to hang everything up.
one
by
one

but now i actually enjoy it.
i'm not sure what happened along the line for me to get where i am
but it's soothing.
repetitive. 
and sometimes (most times) i'm a little ocd about it.
i hang all the shorts first.
then the tees.
and sometimes i colour co-ordinate them as i hang them.
it's my little system. 
i think it's something i can accomplish and tangibly see results.

today is a perfect day for laundry.
sunny.
windy.

a perfect day for therapy.


*please don't misunderstand and think i am making fun or light of therapy or conditions like ocd. i realize there are reasons to go to therapy. hanging my laundry helps me clear my mind and feel relaxed. it is therapeutic for me. thanks.

2 comments:

  1. i use that time for myself too. I look forward to the first time each year I can get out htere and hang it all up.
    (and I always want to take a picture but I never do, so i love this picture you took)

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably therapeutic since you've had children. The mundane becomes a little bit more enjoyable eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...