Saturday, March 4, 2006

proactive

Yesterday was a prime example of how Jamie and I are.
We left our meeting with Graham at about 2:30 so we could make it to Burlington by 3:15 to meet Jamie's family to drive down to Buffalo to see the Leafs game. I was pretty pumped! However, just as we were turning onto the street in Burlington, I had an epiphany. We had forgotten our passports at home.
It was like we were balloons and someone just came right up to us and pricked us with a needle. *woosh* the air went right out of us.
SO...we turned around and his family went on without us. As we were discussing our situation in the car, all I wanted to do was sulk and put on Dashboard so I could listen to whiney music. But after talking about it with Jamie and choosing to react in a positive way, despite the crapiness of our situation, we realized that there were so many upsides to this.
1. We had more time together as a couple.
2. We could read the 7 Habits of highly effective people out loud and discuss as a couple (Incidentally, the chapter I read was about being proactive as opposed to being reactive and not letting your circumstances dictate your response/mood/reaction.).
3. We could listen to at least a whole book of the bible on CD
4. We could finish listening to The Last Battle on cd.
5. We could have quality conversations and spend some time discussing our future.
All in all, we had a great ride there and back and I learned a valueable lesson in being proactive in the very situation that it could apply to.

And then the Leafs lost and I totally let that dictate my mood.
Haha, just kidding. It stinks that they lost, but it was still fun to make the trip down and meet some fellow Leaf fans and the experience is always fun.

1 comment:

  1. you and jamie are amazing. your relationship is so deep and strong and you're both connected by something stronger...God.
    at times i wonder if i will ever be able to share my soul with someone i love.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...