Sunday, January 28, 2007

melancholy

Sometimes I like listening to melancholy music. I don't know why. It makes me...think deeper and feel artistic. Perhaps because I have this idea that artists are deep and moody.
Regardless, a friend of mine just sent me a song he wrote with only acoustic guitar.
I liked it a lot. It made me think of City & Colour.
So now I listen to City & Colour.
Lyrics for the night:

Your words are like knives
They peel my skin and pierce my soul...
Your body will burn tonight...
Though your heart may still remain cold

And I will blame myself
And I will blame myself
For holding on to what I hoped would keep you by my side
I will blame myself

The Sheets are stained with...
Memories of your soft kiss
Now this is all I have
Paper and pen to remember you with

And I will blame myself
And I will blame myself
For holding on to what I hoped would keep you by my side
I will blame myself

Can I have you...

3 comments:

  1. I hear you girl. Lately I'm all "tortured artist"... listening to Gary Jules, Joshua Radin, Joni Mitchell and such.
    p.s. glad to know the potential moment passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vanessa!

    Thank God that you and Jamie are unharmed from that potentially fatal accident. Thank God indeed.

    I thought you might enjoy Thrice:
    http://www6.islandrecords.com/thrice/discography.php
    I recommend you to listen to all their songs (via earphone so you can hear all the quality details) and read the lyrics; they're just a click away. Ah, such amazing music! Enjoy!

    praying for you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa,
    I listened to a few of the songs. They are ok. A little too angry sounding for me - maybe not angry, just to hard for me.
    Keep the suggestions coming, though! I just might find my newest music crush! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...