Sunday, January 28, 2007

a moment

That's all it takes for your life to be changed.
There are many moments that can completely alter the course of your life.
Last night I had a potential moment. And it shook me.
Jamie and I were driving home from Toronto and we were in Guelph but on a side road coming up to Victoria.
It was snowy and slippery. One of our wheels caught either the outside of the road with snow on it, or the inside "track" of snow. We swerved and were heading straight for an SUV that was barrelling down on the other side of the road. My heart literally caught in my throat. I didn't have time to really think a coherent thought, but I felt like this was one of those moments where everything would change.
But thankfully...it didn't. Jamie swerved to the right and our car spun out on the side of the road. I thought we were headed for a ditch.
But we weren't.
We landed in a driveway facing out to the road.
The DVD player stopped playing John Mayer.
Jamie and I looked straight ahead and then at each other.
I asked if he was ok.
Then I said we should check if the car was ok.
It's more or less ok.
Some part that doesn't look like it does anything fell off (sorta, it was half off so Jamie pulled it completely off) so we picked it up and put it in the trunk.
And then John Mayer found his place and picked up again.
And so did we.
On our way home, Jamie prayed and thanked God for rescuing us from a potentially fatal accident. As he was praying this I noticed he was driving 20 km over the speed limit.
So after he said amen I told him to drive the speed limit.

2 comments:

  1. me too. i know this is a totally serious post, but the last line made me laugh. but only because you're ok.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...