Monday, November 21, 2005

The ball is rolling...

Thanks to those of you who have been praying for us in regards to support raising - don't stop! :D
This weekend we did a "blitz" and tried to get back on track and get that big, metal, ball of support raising rolling. And roll it did. I made almost 50 calls and over this week and a bit of next we have 9 appt's set up and I still have a bunch more people to call. Please pray for us for referrals as we are nearing the end of our contact list. If anyone knows of anyone who'd be interested in hearing about what Jamie and I do, PLEASE don't hesitate to get in contact with me.
God's showing and teaching me a lot and on the drive down to Kitchener, Jamie and I listened to a sermon by Miriam Charter on the great commission and the importance and command to make disciples. It was so CCC and so bang on to what we needed to hear (or at least what I needed to hear) to rev my engine and get me pumped for a support appointment. God's placed a passion in my heart to minister to women and build into them - and yet often I feel so inadequate for the job. I know He can use me and I know I have a part to do in learning and taking time to read and educate myself so that I can pass on information and life lessons and God's truth to others.
Something else that God has put on my heart is the intense desire to be mentored by an older woman who can build into me. It has been a really long time since I had that kind of relationship and I know that it's a godly desire. That will be something I will be praying about in the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...