Tuesday, November 4, 2008

meal planning update

Meal plan update:
Monday's meal wasn't mexican because I didn't get a chance to actually GO TO THE GROCERY STORE so instead I made a Cheesy Chicken & Squash casserole - I made it up and it actually tasted GOOD. I'm not very good at "making up" my own recipes so I am quite proud of myself. We had leftovers for lunch today.
Today I got to the groery store so we are having beef stew as planned. It smells GOO-OOD (that's 2 syllables for those of you who were wondering).
Tomorrow I will attempt to make stuffed shells (with pork) so we'll see how that goes.
Thursday is Jamie's birthday so I'm saving salmon for another day and Jamie and I will go out somewhere (I think).
Friday will be soup and salad as planned but Food Basics didn't have any Butternut squash!!! This is precisely why I shop at Zehrs. They are more expensive, but they have everything I need and it's all DELISH. :)

Also, I'm pretty darn excited that I used up my nasty-looking (I mean...slightly old?) carrots in the stew. They're fine if I cut off the things at the end and peel them, right?
:)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that's why stew was invented! Throw anything in, as long as it's not black or fuzzy...it's the mystery ingredients that give interest!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...