* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup sliced onions (I included ¾ cup green onions instead)
* 3/4 cup sliced leeks (I didn’t include these, but will try next time including them)
* 2 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash (I just used one large butternut squash)
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 5 cups chicken broth
* 1 pinch ground cinnamon
* 1 pinch ground ginger
* 1 pound cheese filled spinach ravioli (I used cheese and asparagus ravioli)
* 3/4 cup light cream
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the cumin seeds and nutmeg in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the butter, and saute the onions and leeks until tender. Mix in squash, wine, and chicken broth. Season with cinnamon and ginger. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ravioli, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. With a hand mixer, puree the soup mixture. Blend in light cream, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the cooked ravioli just before serving.