Thursday, April 21, 2011

share the love

It's been a little while since I shared the love so here we go.

If you are looking for a good flip flop I will always recommend Sanuk. I bought my very first pair of Sanuks in 2006 (I'm still wearing them!) and instantly fell in love. They are comfortable and I could walk for a really long time in them. They run around $30-45 but are so worth it (as I am clearly in my 5th year! that's a long time for a flop!). I figured, though, that wearing flops year round might be too much for my 5 year old Sanuks so I bought a new pair to bring along and spice things up. Oh my gosh, you guys, these are the yoga mat line and that means that the sole of the flop is made from yoga mat material. So.Stinkin.Comfy.
I think if I were sticking around in Canada I might have gone for a different style but these seemed to be the most versatile and I'm glad I had Jen there to give input and help me choose ones that are different enough from the ones I already have.
I bought mine at North by Northwest but you can purchase them directly from Sanuk. You should check out the site anyway. It's well-designed and there's a roll-over link that tells you how to pronounce Sanuk. I like.

I had been looking for a wind-up flashlight for each of the boys to take to Uganda when we go and I found some adorable ones at a cute toy store in Fergus called Jester's. I loved how they seemed able to sustain rough play as well as be stinkin' adorable. We have the Panda bear one and the Duck one. 
The pump just pops out of the side you and just squeeze it to recharge the battery. I'd recommend these flashlights for kids even if you're not going to Africa. If your kids are anything like mine, they play with flashlights and then lose interest and leave them on. This way you don't go through 5 million batteries. You just pump it up (say it like Arnold - go ahead) and you've got light!
This particular brand is called Ecotronics and they were $11 a pop. A bit pricey, but we'll never have to spend money on buying batteries so I think it's a fair trade off.

And of course, the token "yum" piece - Mini Eggs. Dang. I can't get enough of them. I bought one of the BIG bags a couple weeks ago to save for Easter with the boys but wouldn't you know it, I opened it one day and it is slowly dwindling. Oh well. Seriously, who doesn't love Cadbury Mini Eggs? 


As for music, I have been randomly singing out lines from the Mumford & Sons song Blank White Page. It's because the song just circles around and around and around my head. You know a song is good when you don't mind it "stuck in your head". The entire album is solid and while it's not new, it's good. So I'm sharing the love, okay?
Can you kneel before this king and say, "I'm clean, I'm clean" ?
But tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart?



As I ponder Good Friday (tomorrow), I'm incredibly grateful that I can kneel before THE King and say that I am clean. All because of Jesus. Taking my sin. Paying the penalty that I should have paid.

Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life.
Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life.


He is the truth. And so I follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...