Wednesday, May 18, 2011

friend

my heart is full.
full of hellos and goodbyes and catching ups and excitement and nerves and plans and passions and frustrations and wrestling with thoughts of all sorts of wonderful, scary, challenging things.

life seems really busy/crazy these days.

i remarked to a sweet friend today that it seems that in the last year or less i've stumbled into these deep, real, raw, honest friendships and i ask God
why now?

and almost as quickly the answer comes back. so still. so perfect.

to sustain you while you're gone.


it seems like the timing is off, that just as these amazing friendships are developing i'm galavanting off to the other side of the world.
i don't know how many of these friendships will last, but i do know that all of them will change to some extent.
i also know that i am incredibly blessed to have so many amazing women in my life to call friend, regardless of the season of life or the distance that separates us.

3 comments:

  1. Those kind of friendships are the best...those are the ONLY kind, can I say that?
    One awesome quality is that you don't have "expectations" of your friends and you understand seasons of life.
    I think great women are drawn to great women :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your sis with your understanding of the seasons of life and that you don't have (I'll add) unfair expectations of your friends. I think that frees people up to have more real/safe/edifying/sharpening (is there one word that could encompass all that? probably..) friendships with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...