Thursday, January 12, 2006

Marvelous Light

1 Peter 2:9
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."

I love this verse. For so many reasons.
I am chosen. Royal. Holy. I am for HIM. My reason for being is to proclaim the excellencies of Him. I was called OUT of darkness INTO his MARVELOUS light.
It's beautiful. It's the verse that the song "Marvelous Light" was written about. It's a victorious, freeing song. Every time I hear it I can picture myself at first in a heap, covered in rags, in the darkness. Then, as Christ died for me and released me from my sins and called me to be his own, in exchange for my rags, he gives me a beautiful white dress. And everywhere is white light. And I am running and dancing for Him. For He who called me out of the darkness is my everything. My Husband. My Lover. My Saviour. My Provider. My Protector. My Peace. My Grace.

I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep

Your love it beckons deeply,
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take your life.

Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
VICTORIOUSLY!

Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way

My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!

Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that I have found.
Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

Lift my hands and spin
See the light within...

Sin has lost its power. Death has lost its sting. How I love to sing those lines. What a wonderful, powerful, amazing, totally undeserving thing that Christ has done for me. For me.
wow.



Apartment countdown: 17 more days

1 comment:

  1. This song never really meant to much to me, but now after reading the verses context as well as reading all the lyrics, it see it is actually quite a powerful song!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...