Monday, October 18, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday: a family affair

Last week was Thanksgiving so we were busy heaping mounds of mashed potatoes, turkey and stuffing onto our plates instead of using a muffin tin.

So here's this week's Muffin Tin Monday:


Top row: red grapes, Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal Squares, Nectarine Yogurt
Bottom: Strawberry Applesauce, Leaf-shaped grilled cheese sandwich, mixed nuts

Noah was thrilled about the applesauce AND the yogurt and ate them both up quickly. He wasn't so much into the grilled cheese (he turned it over and saw that I had minorly burnt it - oops) but he liked that it was a leaf and Jamie scarfed it down when he got home for lunch anyway (Sure Daddy, you can have my leaf! - definitely a little too eager to share).
Jude ate Noah's grapes and I ate the nuts tonight (okay, so I threw in a few milk chocolate chips) so overall, Noah enjoyed the experience, just not everything I gave him. (He had totally had 2 bowls of oatmeal squares about 30 minutes before lunch so in hindsight, this totally makes sense. He just wasn't hungry.)

So there you have it! Muffin Tin Monday - the highlight in an otherwise draggy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. mmm muffin tin Monday. I will come over and eat anything Noah doesn't like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. V~ I'm so impressed with your hard work in creating a good and creative meal for your family. You're an awesome mum. I hope I can be like you if I have a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Suz - anytime! :)
    @Shells - thanks. I'm sure you'll be an AMAZING Mom some day. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...