Friday, October 8, 2010

he grows

Have I blogged this already? I don't remember.

Lately {as in the past month or so} I've done a double take at Noah and his growth. Not necessarily physically, but emotionally. Specifically how he relates to people, including people he doesn't know or doesn't know very well.

Previously if addressed by say, the cashier at the grocery store, Noah would hide his face or at worst, blow a raspberry at them {embarrassing, but we were working on it - sometimes we still are}. I would remind him that we aren't rude and that when Mommy & Daddy are with him, he can say hello and talk to people he doesn't know.

Well, lately he's been responding and interacting with people - both strangers and people he is less familiar with. It's amazing. And it just started happening right before my eyes. Talking to the cashier. Telling a student at Summit about Lightening McQueen. Answering the doctor's questions {today - don't ask. Both boys have a mouth virus. Extremely contagious. You have been warned.} and telling her that he likes Tigger the best because he bounces on his tail. High five-ing the fantastic and amazing greeter at our church {Mr. Bob}. He is still sometimes shy or hesitant, but when people aren't in his face and show a bit of patience, he does really well.

I'm so proud of him and I tell him so.

He is growing up. He is maturing. He is learning.

It is honestly one of the most amazing things I've ever been a part of.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine! Our little man is eight months and I can't believe all the changes HE is going through as a babe... this can only be that much more amazing!!

    Thanks for sharing:) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Kayla!
    8 months is such a fun age! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...