Monday, February 6, 2006

beauty


Another book that I am reading and also enjoying immensely is the ever-popular book by John & Stasi Eldredge, Captivating.
I just want to quote a paragraph that I loved as soon as I read it last night:

"'He will quiet you with his love' (Zeph. 3:17). A woman of true beauty is a woman who in the depths of her soul is at rest, trusting God because she has come to know him to be worthy of her trust. She exudes a sense of calm, a sense of rest, and invites those around her to rest as well. She speaks comfort; she knows that we live in a world at war, that we have a vicious enemy, and our journey is through a broken world. But she also knows that because of God all is well, that all will be well, A woman of true beauty offers others the grace to be and the room to become. In her presence, we can release the tension and pressure that so often grip our hearts. We can also breathe in the truth that God loves us and he is good.
This is why we must keep asking. Ask Jesus to show you your beauty. Ask him what he thinks of you as a woman. His words to us lets us rest and unveil our beauty."

I love it.
I love being a woman and that God made me to display His glory. Because I am a woman.
I am "the crescendo, the final, astonishing work of God. Woman. In one last flourish creation comes to a finish not with Adam, but with Eve. She is the Master's finishing tough...Eve is ... breathtaking."

To the only One that matters, the God of the universe who created me and loves me, I am breathtaking.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...