Saturday, February 18, 2006

today


Today was a great, but exhausting day.
I got up early (for a Saturday) and drove to Toronto to be at a bridal shop at 10am. I met up with my friend who is getting married and watched as she tried on dress after dress. It was a lot of fun to pick out dresses and see her in them and to see how a dress can just transform someone's appearance. And then also to compare dresses and see the difference between, say, an elegant evening gown and a wedding dress. You can wear an evening gown over and over, but you're only going to have one occasion (hopefully) to wear a wedding dress. I kept gravitating to dresses that looked like mine.
"Oh wait, I already have that dress."

And then, I had the lovely opportunity to take my mother out along with my sister, and go on a wine tour at a nearby winery.

It was fabulous, although for some reason I was expecting to see the actual vineyard. I'm not sure why as I can't think of anywhere in the GTA that you would be growing a successful vineyard. Oh well.
Despite the lack of vineyard, it was great - and oh-so-educational.
I learned about the process of wine making, got to see the barrels that they age the wine in and learn the proper way to taste and smell and what to look for in a wine. I'm still a cabernet-sauvignon girl, but it was so amazing the way I could smell certain things in a wine, like pear, or oak, or even leather! And then once you identify a smell, you can all of a sudden taste that. It's fascinating the way the palate works!
I think I want to have a wine tasting party. I've read about them and always wanted to have one, so I think I shall initiate one in the nearby future.
When life seems to have calmed down.
Then there was the birthday (for my mother) dinner at Red Lobster which is always a treat and then the drive home.
Tomorrow I anticipate being just as ridiculously busy added to that is the stress of a support appointment, so we'll see how it all goes.

It's good to know that I don't have to rely on my own strength to get through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...