Saturday, July 10, 2010

Banana Muffins

I think everyone should have a go-to banana muffin recipe. This is mine. I love it. I got it from a friend and it is a family recipe for which I am very grateful she shared with me. I love, love, love it. Have I mentioned that I love it? It's SO good. And versatile.

I made it with whole wheat flour this time, but you can use all-purpose or whatever. I also threw in a couple teaspoons of ground flax as well. I usually do a double batch and then split it and make half with

chocolate chips and the other half with some sort of berry or fruit. This time it was Craisins and chopped pecans (although I'd never do the Craisins again - fresh/frozen cranberries are far better). Ya just can't go wrong with a chocolate chip banana muffin!

Enjoy!


3 bananas

3/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

1tsp soda

1tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups flour

1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

Chocolate chips (to your liking)

Mash the bananas

Beat egg, add butter

Add dry ingredients

Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes in greased tins or muffin cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...