Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sugar-Crusted Salmon

Guys, this is GOOD. I love the sugar, the heat (from the chili powder) and the soft texture of the fish. It's good. Both boys rejected it the other day, which meant more for me and Jamie, but maybe it was a No-Fish Day and I just didn't get the memo as both boys have eaten salmon before and loved it.

Love this recipe. This was the second time I've made it, and it was just as delicious as I remembered.


2 Tablespoons sugar

1 Tablespoon chili powder

1 teaspoon black pepper

½ Tablespoon ground cumin

½ Tablespoon paprika

½ Tablespoon Salt

¼ teaspoon dry mustard

dash of cinnamon

4 to 6 salmon fillets

2 Tablespoons canola oil


Mix all rub ingredients together in a medium bowl.

When ready to cook the salmon, generously coat one side of the salmon fillet (usually the non-skin side, for presentation) with the rub.

Heat oil in a large heavy pan over medium-high heat. Carefully place salmon fillets in pan, seasoned side down.

Cook about 2 minutes to sear; turn fillets over. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes.

Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...