Thursday, September 20, 2007

ultrasound update

I just got a call from the intern at the midwifery clinic with the news of my ultrasound.
Here are the deets:
- the baby is a good size, not too big or small for the predicted due date
- my placenta is in a good position - no longer covering the cervix
- it looks as though my cervix has shortened (which I looked up to mean that this happens in preparation for birth and if it happens too soon can mean that labour or premature labour is on its way) but she said not too worry as everything looks fine and we can still anticipate everything on schedule (as much as you can with pregnant I suppose)
And basically everything looks good.
That's good to know. I'm glad I didn't spend the last few months worrying about the possibility of a C-section due to Placenta Previa or whatnot.
And that's that.
I have had some Braxton Hicks contractions today I think but nothing major.
And I think I've gone to the bathroom at least 7 or 8 times so far today.
CRAZY.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good news!! and good for you to not worry about the negative possibilites...doesn't help anyway!...I am very happy for you both! maybe Daddy Jamie can add a sweet comment on his lovely wife's status soon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that everything is progressing well, even though that does include numerous bathroom trips and the "waddle"!
    It is so exciting to see that count down number getting so small!
    When do we get our pagers like Ross did in friends for his son's birth?!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...