Thursday, May 27, 2010

heat and grace

The past two nights have been deathly hot.
It was 29 degrees on the main floor last night - I don't even want to think about how hot it was upstairs!
Both boys slept in their diapers. No jammies.

Both boys had trouble sleeping. At least when Noah woke up at 11:30 (?) last night and wanted to come downstairs and play I was able to appease him with his water bottle - which he wanted to sleep with and of course I let him because why wouldn't I? (I held my breath as I shut the door to his room and walked away. Praise the Lord, he went back to sleep!)

It's been hot, but it's funny how you do adapt to it. At first I was grumpy our a/c wasn't working. I was reminded by my dear husband that if we lived in a hot, third world country we wouldn't have a/c there either. True, true, my dear. (But I was still hot.)

But after a few days of scorchers, I'm still hot, but it's just what it is now.

The a/c will be fixed eventually and we'll have the luxury of being cool inside while it is HOT outside. This is grace, I think.

For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.
James 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...