Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Carrot Muffins

I made carrot muffins for the first time. Sure I've eaten lots of carrot muffins but I've never actually made them before. So I scrounged around for a recipe online and ended up adapting one from Epicurious. {Partially because I didn't have all the ingredients and partially because I liked my ideas better.} And they turned out amazing! I think these will become a new muffin staple in the Strickland household. And doubling the recipe made SO MANY MUFFINS! I froze at least half of them so we'll be able to enjoy them (or I can give them away) sometime down the road.


2 ½ cup flour

½ cup whole wheat flour

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup sugar

3 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

3 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon allspice (if you have it – I didn’t)

4 cups finely grated carrots (or just regular grated)

1/2 cup walnuts (I wish I had had these, but I didn’t.)

1 cup coconut

1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated

3 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup applesauce

3 tsp vanilla

Put all ingredients in large mixing bowl, mix well. Grease muffin tins or use muffin papers.

Preheat oven to 350. Fill tins ¾ full. Makes at least 24. Bake for 25 minutes (about 20-22 mins for mini muffins).

{This recipe has been doubled from the original recipe I got it from. But I forgot to double the eggs. It still tasted delish. Also, instead of doubling the oil, I just put in 1 cup oil and 1 cup applesauce.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...