Monday, September 6, 2010

The Manchester Recap

So...my time in Manchester.

It was amazing.

I loved it. Yes. It was hard to be away from my kids and the hubs. BUT...it was so so so good to be on my own.

Manchester. Not exactly a pretty city, but it definitely has aspects of the prettiness of the UK with old buildings and great architecture. It truly is an industrial city, but I definitely enjoyed my time in the city. The uncharacteristically fantastic weather was a huge bonus.


Of course I had to do the whole high tea thing as well.
Scones, clotted cream and jam with the most amazing tea at a 5 star restaurant. It really doesn't get any classier (or tastier) than this.


And the hotel I stayed in (which was also where the wedding and reception were) was stunning. It was the classic English garden I pictured in my mind with brick buildings and hideaway courtyards with little fountains and beautiful cobblestone pathways.



The day of the wedding we were lucky enough to have more beautiful weather as we rushed around to get ready - hair, make up and then getting dressed consumed hours of our morning. Thank goodness for a 3:30pm wedding!


Seriously INCREDIBLE dress.

Tam looked gorgeous and stunning but completely herself. Oh and did you see her ring?

I know, right?

Oh and I was there too. Here's proof:


So because I was actually IN the wedding I didn't get any shots of the ceremony even though us bridesmaids were sitting (I couldn't quite figure out how to get my camera in ahead of time and then not lug it around afterward...the downside to having a really big, nice camera) I didn't get any ceremony shots. But it was sweet even though we all walked down the aisle to the wrong song, it somehow fit perfectly.

The reception was lovely. With stunning flowers and little touches here and there, and of course the stunning setting, it was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to.




They cut the cake (which was so amazing),

and they danced their first dance...

and it was a perfect evening. I wish I could have stayed for longer (and I wish I could go to GREECE with them on their honeymoon - is that weird? Let's face it, Greece?!? That'd be awesome with anyone!) and I miss my lovely friend Tam, but I'm so glad and honoured I was there on her big, beautiful day to see her joy and love for James and I wish them all the best and I can't wait until the summer when we get to hang out again!

Now where is the nearest restaurant that does high tea?....to The Boathouse I go!

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, Stephanie Grappeli..really love the music..similar to Quartetto Gelato! love the song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW OH WOW!
    1. Tams looks AMAZING-STUNNING-RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS-and OH SO HAPPY:) I am SO SO happy for her I got butterflies looking at the pics of her
    2. YOU my sister must be careful not to out do the bride as well, you are beautiful ;)
    3. Loved the hotel grounds, what an amazing time you must have had. I must make a visit soon to see all your other pics I know you must be hoarding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. V!! You flatter me too much with your excellent photography and photo editing skills. And Shereeners is right, you glowed on that day, add hair and make-up and watch out! I was so so honoured to have you there and look at all these nice pics and I can't believe I'm in your blog!!! YAY! Love ya girl, it just wouldn't have been the same without you. And your speech! Did I mention your speech?!? Your speech was fabulous and so touching and it was so sincere and...well I mean the day was amazing, but your presence helped make it that way. Thank you so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. a. you are hot.
    b. aban also says you are hot.
    c. your friend's ring is hot (and her dress and her face).
    d. your photos are hot.
    e. you made manchester look pretty hot. or adorable.
    f. mmmmmmmm, high tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all.
    Tam, I barely edited. You are and were stunning. Muah!

    Beth - you and Aban make me laugh. I miss you both. Can we see each other again soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that dress IS amazing! What a beautiful place for a wedding and you look gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...