Friday, September 24, 2010

The one where I talk about children's books

I love the library. The boys do, too.

We've got a great system here in Guelph and I love that the closest branch to us is less than a 15 minute walk away.

Today we returned our huge stash and took out another huge stash to last us a couple weeks.


Truth be told, I totally take out books that look interesting or fun/funny for me to read {because I know I'm going to be reading them 50 billion times in the next few weeks} as well as the ones Noah picks out. And I'm always surprised at the ones that Noah takes an interest in.
With our last "stash" it was "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus!" which I find absolutely hilarious. Now while he didn't exactly get the humour in it, he certainly managed to memorize most {if not all} of the book. I heard him "reading" the book to himself during his room time this morning. I just think he liked saying "NO!" to the pigeon every time he asks the reader if he can drive the bus. It's a great book. You should take it out of your library. Even if you don't have kids.

This time around he's already taken a liking to "Big Red Lollipop" which is a book about siblings and ... well, a big, red lollipop {and that is the part that draws him in, I'm sure}.

And of course, the Cheerios book.

Because who doesn't like playing with your food?

Yes, he really is eating the Cheerios right off the page.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for books! Yay for libraries! Yay for parents who read to their kids!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food and books....doesn't get much better than that

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...