Sunday, September 12, 2010

Relapse

I totally blogged too soon.

No joke, that night Noah called out for me a 1/2 hour after I put him down saying he was "scared" but then didn't know what he was scared of. So I sat in the room with him until he fell asleep (about 35 minutes - or at least he was quiet when I left the room).
The next night he screamed. And screamed. And screamed some more so I had to take Jude out of the room (as he was now awake and crying) and put him in the office in the pack 'n play.
Noah proceeded to scream and cry and call out for just over 2 hours when he finally fell asleep.
Naps have also been accompanied with screaming and crying and calling out.
Tonight Jamie is putting him to bed and he is now testing Jamie's endurance by actually getting OUT of bed and screaming. (Stay with it, Jame! You can do it!) So Jamie is not talking to or looking at Noah as he continues to put him back in his bed.
It's a FULL ON RELAPSE.

Interesting because a friend of mine also started "the sleep rules" with her daughter around the same time we did with Noah and she totally went through the relapse a couple days ago. So we are pushing through this and hopefully we will come out on the other side with some firmly established, healthy sleep habits.

If there's one thing I've learned with kids...they like to change it up and keep things real.
(And also, we are more persistent than they are.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...